Total Care Auto – Senior Software Engineer
Sandy, UT, US
May 2014 - Current
Total Care Auto provides Vehicle, Credit and Appearance protection on vehicles as a part of the Larry H. Miller Group. I have been working on the web application that our agents use to sell our products to the customers. This includes the front-end Rails 4.2 app that our agents use, and the microservices ranging from filling out PDF form values to working with third parties to pre-fill customer and vehicle data.
- Launching the app forward from mostly Rails views to React.js with routing to improve usability.
- Took on the project of migrating vehicle inspection data from a legacy system to a single-page app with more admin control in a familiar system for the users.
- Launching the sign-what-you-see app. This allows the customer to review and sign/initial (inline) on all contracts all within a tablet provided by the agent.
Kabam – Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Feb 2013 - Apr 2014
Kabam is a leader of the free-to-play online game industry. With a wide-selection of games. I have been involved in three games: Slots by Kabam, Kingdoms of Camelot and Dragons of Atlantis. I have been mostly involved in designing and coding the backend models and API for features, as well as diagnosing and refactoring performance problems.
- Slots by Kabam: Streamlined communication between Apple's Push Notification, Google's Cloud Messaging and Amazon's Device Messaging.
- Slots by Kabam: Designed and implementation for many mini games in Slots.
- Kingdoms of Camelot: Involved in several parts of engineering the new Champions feature.
- Dragons of Atlantis: Designed an implementation for a mini game event.
- Dragons of Atlantis: Found an elusive bug in the game where I earned myself a Tomagotchi.
- Ruby 1.9.x/1.8.7
- PHP 5
- Rails 3.x/2.x
- Memcache and Redis
Blaq – Technical Partner
Nov 2011 - Current
Blaq is a reporting-layer for the popular Affiliate CRM Limelight. We compile orders from their system into a efficent data structure for retention reports going back as far as needed from the client. Current work is to introduce forecasting reports.
- Handling all technical needs. From server architecture choice to database models.
- Integrating with third-party API to build fast, pertinent reports for clients.
- Respond to our client's same-day with our straight-forward product and simple modeling.
- Ruby 1.9.2 and Rails 3.2
Neutron Interactive – Lead Web Developer • Technical Coordinator
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Jan 2011 - Feb 2013
Neutron Interactive is a lead-generation company for the education industry. My main focuses are architecting next-generation solutions and improving collaboration amongst developers.
- Lead the tech team to launch the next-generation of their core client management and business rules system.
- Launched the initiative for test-driven development.
- Fostering solutions for third-party integrations with Google Adwords, Indeed and Education Lead partners.
- Established tech team lunch-and-learns to broaden the team's development skill sets.
- Created style guides for the team to bring consistency to the development team's efforts.
- Python 2.x
- Django 1.2 - 1.4
- PHP 5.x
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Memcache and Redis
Projected Inc. – Web Developer
South Jordan, UT, US
Feb 2009 - Jan 2011
Projected Inc. is a web development shop that ranged in clients in the E-commerce industry. My two focuses were to build out an affiliate marketing platform (BgBng) and create e-commerce sites for clients.
- Partnered with a developer to architect BgBng.
- Agile development style with a high-paced marketing team.
- Developed E-commerce solutions that could handle high peak traffic times.
- Ruby 1.8.x and Rails 2.3
- PHP 5.x and Magento E-commerce 1.x
- Apache and Nginx
- Linux (specifically Ubuntu) and FreeBSD
- Total Care Auto - Rails backend and React, Angular on chunks of front-end. Worked on many new full-stack features with multiple devs. Have services in JRuby, Go, Clojure with databases in MySQL and PostgreSQL. Using Ansible and Chef for devops tools.
- Dragons of Atlantis - Kabam - Rails/Flash MMO Strategy-War game. Added features and increase performance on ~12k rpm backend. Includes Rails, MySQL, Memcache, Redis and Workers.
- Kingdoms of Camelot - Kabam - PHP/HTML5 MMO Strategy-War game. Added features and increase performance on 200k~ rpm backend. Includes PHP 5, MySQL, Memcache and Redis.
- Slots by Kabam (Apple, Google Play, Kindle) - Kabam - Slots game with many themed machines and many side-games on three mobile devices.
- Blaq - Blaq - Our rails admin system and report section for our clients.
- Proton - Neutron Interactive - Backend management system for client management and business rules.
- College Overview - Neutron Interactive - Django-based site that is the front-end to our robust backend system.
- My github - Collection of my smaller/personal projects too.
- Drinkify.me - Ruby / Rails project for mixed drink recipes. It utilizes Rails' scopes for [O]nly and [E]xcept ingredient filters.
- BgBng (offline now) - Projected Inc. - Hosted Affiliate Marketing platform for advertisers of the industry to set-up campaigns, designs and merchant accounts. A reporting suite with several layers of granularity and several metrics.
- Ruby / Rails / Sinatra - 6 years
- Python / Django - 5 years (most production work at Neutron)
- PHP - 8 years
- Go - 4 years
- Git - 6 years
- React - 1 year
- Angular - 2 years
- MySQL - 8 years
- PostgreSQL - 3 years
- Memcache - 6 years
- Redis - 4 years
- Linux - 8 years