Total Care Auto – Senior Software Engineer
Sandy, UT, US
May 2014 - Current
Total Care Auto provides Vehicle, Credit and Appearance protection on vehicles as a part of the Larry H. Miller Group. I have been working on the web application that our agents use to sell our products to the customers and the admin for our internal users to manage the application. Currently, this main application is a rails 5/mysql app with jruby services. We have separate Go applications that help support the customer contracts after they are sold.
- Took on a project of migrating vehicle inspection data from a legacy system to a single-page app with more admin control in a familiar system for the users.
- Launching a new selling platform for an internal team to sell follow-up products
- Moving our many product rules, forms and rates to an admin that can be managed solely by a product manager. Helping to relieve lots of the requirements for dev time and support.
Kabam – Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Feb 2013 - Apr 2014
Kabam is a leader of the free-to-play online game industry. With a wide-selection of games. I have been involved in three games: Slots by Kabam, Kingdoms of Camelot and Dragons of Atlantis. I have been mostly involved in designing and coding the backend models and API for features, as well as diagnosing and refactoring performance problems.
- Slots by Kabam: Streamlined communication between Apple's Push Notification, Google's Cloud Messaging and Amazon's Device Messaging.
- Slots by Kabam: Designed and implementation for many mini games in Slots.
- Kingdoms of Camelot: Involved in several parts of engineering the new Champions feature.
- Dragons of Atlantis: Designed an implementation for a mini game event.
- Dragons of Atlantis: Found an elusive bug in the game where I earned myself a Tomagotchi.
- Ruby 1.9.x/1.8.7
- PHP 5
- Rails 3.x/2.x
- Memcache and Redis
Blaq – Technical Partner
Nov 2011 - Nov 2015
Blaq is a reporting-layer for the popular Affiliate CRM Limelight. We compile orders from their system into a efficent data structure for retention reports going back as far as needed from the client.
- Handling all technical needs. From server architecture choice to database models.
- Integrating with third-party API to build fast, pertinent reports for clients.
- Respond to our client's same-day with our straight-forward product and simple modeling.
- Ruby and Rails
Neutron Interactive – Lead Web Developer • Technical Coordinator
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Jan 2011 - Feb 2013
Neutron Interactive is a lead-generation company for the education industry. My main focuses are architecting next-generation solutions and improving collaboration amongst developers.
- Lead the tech team to launch the next-generation of their core client management and business rules system.
- Launched the initiative for test-driven development.
- Fostering solutions for third-party integrations with Google Adwords, Indeed and Education Lead partners.
- Established tech team lunch-and-learns to broaden the team's development skill sets.
- Created style guides for the team to bring consistency to the development team's efforts.
- Python 2.x
- Django 1.2 - 1.4
- PHP 5.x
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Memcache and Redis
- Total Care Auto - Rails backend and React, Angular 1 on front-end. Worked on many new full-stack features. Have services in JRuby, Go with databases in MySQL and PostgreSQL. Using Ansible/Terraform for devops tools.
- Dragons of Atlantis - Kabam - Rails/Flash MMO Strategy-War game. Added features and increase performance on ~12k rpm backend. Includes Rails, MySQL, Memcache, Redis and Workers.
- Kingdoms of Camelot - Kabam - PHP/HTML5 MMO Strategy-War game. Added features and increase performance on 200k~ rpm backend. Includes PHP 5, MySQL, Memcache and Redis.
- Slots by Kabam (Rails backend; iOS/Android frontend) - Kabam - Slots game with many themed machines and many side-games on three mobile devices.
- Databases with 3+ years experience: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcache, Redis
- Linux - server and desktop of choice